Rescued Horses Seized by TGCSO to Be Auctioned/SoldPress Release
In July, the Tom Green County Sheriff's Office rescued 12 malnourished horses off a property on US 67 South (more here). On Aug., a hearing was held at the Justice of the Peace Court Precinct 4 by Judge Eddie Howard to determine the final disposition of the horses.
TGCSO announced today said sufficient evidence was presented in the case, and as a result, an order by the court has declared the following horses will be sold:
- #76 - 9-year-old Bay Mare
- #77 - 6-year-old Black Mare
- #78 – 10-year-old Sorrel Mare
- #79 – 20-year-old Sorrel Mare with a 1-2 month old Buckskin Stud Colt
- #80 - 7-year-old Sorrell Mare with a 2-3 month old Bay Fill
- #81 – 7-year-old Sorrell Mare that is in Foal. Mare has an umbilical hernia
- #82 – 6-year-old Grey Mare with a 3-week-old Grey Stud Colt
- #83 – 5-year-old Black Mare
- #84 – 5 year old Palomino Mare
TGCSO said it will conduct an Auction/Sheriff’s Sale of the horses to be sold in one lot or sold separately. Proceeds of the sale will go to cover the cost of care and treatment of the horses while they have been in the custody of the Sheriff. The Auction/Sheriff’s Sale will be conducted at the Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office, 222 West Harris, San Angelo, Texas on Aug. 22 at 10:00 a.m.
For more information, contact 325-655-8111.