New Developments in San Angelo Bring Promise of a Bright Future
SAN ANGELO, TX – San Angelo can expect a handful of new business going into Fall of 2017. The following is a list of the pending project for July provided by Building Permits and Inspections Office for the City of San Angelo.
Taco Bueno - 914 N Bryant:
The estimated construction time for the Taco Bueno is four months, according to construction manager Randy Crooks with Rafter C Construction Inc. The project is a $1-million-dollar venture considering the tearing down of the old foundation to be replaced with the new building, and the interior work needed to finish the project.
Crooks said they plan to start building the foundation in the next week. He also said another Taco Bueno is expected to break ground in San Angelo, however, the location hasn’t been released at this time.
A building permit was also submitted and approved by the City regarding a halfway house located on 1609 County Club Rd. with an estimated project cost of $500,000. Crooks said these plans are in the preliminary stages at this point in the project.
- Bush’s Chicken- 1225 Knickerbocker ($900,000)
- Jacks Convenient Store- 4515 Knickerbocker
Across town, the new Bush’s Chicken is expected to break ground in the next three to four weeks according to John Flippo, construction manager for the project. The project is estimated to take four months with the goal of opening its doors to San Angelo by Christmas.
Also on Knickerbocker, another Jacks Convenience Store is being built. The estimated completion date is unknown at this time. A WhichWich will also be inside the new Jack’s location.
Sherwood Way projects:
- 3426 Strip Center – 3426 Sherwood ($190,000)
- Starbucks, Two Shell Space - 5651 Sherwood Way ($800,000)
- Panda Express - 5578 Sherwood Way ($650,000)
- Bahama Bucks, Shell Space, Firehouse subs - 5789 Sherwood Way
- Murphy USA – 5525 Sherwood Way ($490,133)
A new Starbucks will be built at 5651 Sherwood Way, in the old Chik-Fil-A building.
In the case of the Starbucks, the building will be built as a “shell space” with room for three businesses, Al Toress, Building Permits and Inspections Official for the City of San Angelo said. One of the spaces will be for the Starbucks.
The other two spaces within the building will remain vacant until a business is ready to lease and comes in to obtain a permit to finish out the interior.
A new Strip Center is also being built at 3426 Sherwood Way. Conoly Brooks, the property owner, plans on building five spaces for offices and retail opportunities to fill the space left after the previous building that was “scrapped off” leaving an empty lot.
Construction of the shell space’s will take place, “any day now”, according to Brooks.
In addition, Bhama Buck's and Firehouse Subs also plan to open locations in the new retail spaces behind The Grill at 5789 Sherwood Way. Kyle Cowan with Wheelhouse Commercial Development said they are expecting the locations to be ready by late 2017.
There are also plans for a Panda Express to be built at 5578 Sherwood Way. Specific details on the construction time line will be updated when the information becomes available.
Roland Pena, Economic Development Director for the City, believes the new capital investments projects for 2017 will continue to show potential growth throughout the year for San Angelo.
“It’s exciting to see that investors and developers see that the economy is doing well in San Angelo,” Pena said. “As these kind of opportunities continue to happen; more people will move into the community to take advantage of new job opportunities.”
The following is a list of other projects for July with estimated costs:
- Cal Tech Interior Remodel – 940 Arroyo Rd. ($347,000)
- Charley’s Philly Steaks – 4001 Sunset Dr. ($100,000)
- Concho Valley Regional Food Bank – 1313 Hill St. ($1,022,000)
- Angelo MRI – 4114 S. Jackson
- Principal LED – 4537 North Bentwood Dr. ($425,000)
- American Boer Goat Association – 4258 S. Jackson ($400,000)
- Lamm-David Eye Care – 3542 W Loop 306 ($1,000,000)
- Schultz Vet Clinic – 4517 N. Bentwood Dr. ($ 800,000)
- Noble McClintock Orthodontics – 3542 W Loop 306 ($1,000,000)
- Brantley Dental Clinic Addition – 2419 Office Park Dr. ($190,000)