The East Angelo Lions are again cooking briskets on August 26-27, the weekend BEFORE the Labor Day weekend. The cost will be $8.75 a pound. The briskets will weigh between 4 1/2 to 7 pounds. They can be picked up and paid for at the parking lot on the west side of Holy Angels Catholic Church, between Oxford and Rutgers from 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday morning, August 27. (If you want one and will be out of town, please make arrangements for someone to pick it up for you.) To order, email: [email protected]m If you don't want one yourself, consider buying one for a neighbor, friend, family member, someone less fortunate, or a group like the Wesley Soup Kitchen, House of Faith, etc. We need your order by no later than Wednesday, August 24 so we can place our brisket order. The proceeds go to such projects as:
- funding eye exams and glasses for local individuals not able to pay
- feeding the kids at the Texas Lions camp and House of Faith this summer,
- helping local Habitat for Humanity families,
- funding for the Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville (for physically disabled, hearing and/or vision impaired, and diabetic children from the State of Texas)
- other projects where Lions help local folks that are less fortunate and in need.
Lions motto is “WE SERVE”.