Ballet San Angelo's Sharing Dance Day
SAN ANGELO, TX — Ballet San Angelo is excited to be hosting San Angelo’s first annual Sharing Dance Day this Saturday, Oct. 14, from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. in the City Hall Plaza. The purpose of Sharing Dance Day is to promote health and movement and encourage everyone to dance.
Ballet San Angelo created a fun, easy to learn, flash mob style dance and taught it all over the community. The dance will happen three times throughout the program along with short fitness classes and exciting presentations from local arts groups. There will be community booths all around the City Hall Plaza and Palate Pleaser Food Truck and The Latest Scoop will be there to make delicious lunches and ice-cream available. The event is free and open to the public and you don’t have to know the dance before you come!
Schedule of Events
- 11:30 a.m. T-Shirt Give Away Opens (first 100 people get a free shirt!)
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:10 p.m. Yoga Warm-Up
- 12:10 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Zumba
- 12:30 p.m. – 12:35 p.m. Sharing Dance Day Dance
- 12:35 p.m. – 12:40 p.m. Dance for Parkinson’s Presentation
- 12:40 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. PiYOTM
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:10 p.m. Be Theatre Presentation
- 1:10 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Dance Academy Hip Hop Presentation
- 1:20 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Sh”Bam! with Community Medical Center
- 1:30 p.m. – 1:35 p.m. Sharing Dance Day Dance
- 1:40 p.m. – 1:50 p.m. Ballet San Angelo Contemporary Presentation
- 1:50 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Cool Down
- 2:00 p.m. Sharing Dance Day Dance
To see and learn the Sharing Dance Day Dance. WATCH:
Sharing Dance Day is presented by Texas Pacifico. Additional sponsors are Texas Commission on the Arts, Ethicon, and Republic Services. The day is presented in partnership with the City of San Angelo and Sharing Dance Day is a program of Canada’s National Ballet School (Toronto, Canada).
For more information about Ballet San Angelo and their events visit www.balletsanangelo.org or their social media sites.