SAMFA: Family Day STEAM
The San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts will host the 2nd annual Family Day Steam on Saturday, August 12 at the Art Museum located at 1 Love Street.
This FREE event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
What is STEAM? STEAM is an educational approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. Join us for Family Day Steam to engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving, embrace collaboration, and work through the creative process.
We are partnering with the San Angelo Chapter of Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering (TAME) and Tom Green County 4H to bring STEAM to the art museum.
Activities will be:
- 4H Arduino Engineering Challenge @ 11:00 a.m. STEAM
- Central Makerspace Drone Demo @ 10:00 – 1:00 p.m. *Every 30 Mins
- ASU Civil Engineering Challenge @ 1:00 p.m.
- Elequa Water filtration Demos – ALL DAY!
- Microscope Activity – ALL DAY!
- Girl Scouts Chemistry Activity – ALL DAY PLUS Hands-on Activities by Tom Green County 4H & art activities inside the Education Studio.
For more information about Family Day, check out our website at www.samfa.org or call 653-3333. Family Days are funded in part by Texas Commission on the Arts, Sterling-Turner Foundation, H-E-B, San Angelo Cultural Affairs Council and the San Angelo Area Foundation